Friday, May 30, 2008

West End Grill and Pub, 354 North Boyle Avenue

Hosted by Ms. Tammy Turner


The crowd was small but packed with laughs. Quotes from the evening include:
  • I'm not a picky eater. My favorite dish is raw sea urchin with a quail's egg floated on top, but I refuse to eat peas.
  • That's a man who loves his El Camino. In response: Show me a man with an El Camino who doesn't love it.
  • I can turn a hummer around in two minutes.
  • I can make a hummer disappear in two minutes.
  • I don't tweet in public.
  • Is sucking or blowing better?

We also learned that the very first cocktail party was held in St. Louis. From wikipedia:

The first cocktail party ever thrown was allegedly by Mrs. Julius S. Walsh Jr. of St. Louis, Missouri in May 1917. Mrs. Walsh invited 50 guests to her mansion at noon on a Sunday. The party lasted one hour, until lunch was served at 1pm. The site of the first cocktail party still stands. In 1924 the Catholic Archdiocese of St. Louis bought the Walsh mansion at 4510 Lindell Blvd., and it has served as the local archbishop's residence ever since.

Any volunteers for hosting the next one?

No comments: